PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO Phone number blocked - click to apply FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced supervisor with a background in security. As a Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a single shift at a G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. client's site.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee the staffing, scheduling, and on-site training for security officers assigned to his/her shift
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met
- Maintain overtime to a minimal or preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift.
- Perform other operations and related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders)
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision
- Respond to client requests
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must have a valid and current state issued Driverâs License
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following
- Verifiable work history in any field
- One or more years of verifiable and successful security experience
- Service in auxiliary police or cadets
- Service in the active duty military, military reserve or National Guard
- Associateâs degree or higher in any discipline
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21Â years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the position
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Indoor/ outdoor government facilities
Major activity:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â monitor site activities and access control
Physical efforts to carry out job duties:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Limited, to include some standing, bending, maneuvering up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching