To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NE
- GE Transportation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Manager
GE Transportation • Lincoln, NE
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Customer Service Manager will oversee a large domestic 10-year service contract and smaller international service projects. This individual is responsible for day-to-day deployment oversight, metric development, system performance, and the long-term goals of increasing contract margin and depth and breadth of the overall project; by adding additional service items and managing service productivity enhancements. Responsibilities will include interfacing between the customer and GE technical teams and customer and GE program teams to communicate system performance and status.
- Act as the single point of contact for domestic and international customers to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns covering a wide variety of support services for the assigned region, product, or coverage area.
- Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites, including the activities of staff and subcontractors.
- Responsible for knowledge of assigned region, coverage area, or product lines.
- Understand their associated configuration installations, track system performance, and provide the most direct access to all appropriate internal functions to support the customer.
- Establish and maintain contact to provide on-going technical and business support to assigned customers in designated geographic region or coverage area.
- Participates in discussions about the future of the service contract requiring interaction with other functions.
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects.
- Manage the contract budget and resources to ensure the resources are available to meet customer and performance requirements.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope and increase the size of contract.
- Presents projects plans, moderates financial analysis, risks and makes recommendations to senior business leaders within technical space.
- Manages complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 10 years of experience, of which a minimum of 5 years of working directly with customers
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Prior project management experience with large-scale software/hardware projects
- Prior experience working with international customers is preferred; a background in the rail industry is preferred