The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is part of the team providing direct care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. The PCT supports clinical staff, start to finish, throughout the dialysis treatment process, and delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- Sets up and breaks down the dialysis blood system for the treatment process.
- Inserts and removes access needles in patients for dialysis treatment.
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment, documents changes in the patient condition, and informs charge nurse of problems during treatment.
- Calculates patient’s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Maintains and tracks inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient privacy and rights.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Dialysis experience preferred.
Previous healthcare experience preferred.
CNA, EMT, Medical Assistant, CNT, candidates with Phlebotomy skills are desired.
The PCT must be certified as a hemodialysis technician by a nationally accepted certification exam within 18 months of date of hire.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT or
. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT.
- Microsoft Access
- Medical Assistance
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Medical Privacy