This Manufacturing Engineer position will serve as a lean practitioner, and as such will be responsible for eliminating waste and improving business efficiency through the execution & promotion of lean methodologies & tools. This position supports Operational Excellence by executing projects and Kaizens tied to key strategic initiatives, and executes the Yellow Belt and hourly lean training programs so that those trained and certified are more able to effectively solve problems in their daily work using Kaizen and lean as a structure.
This position is aligned with the needs of the business in order to address the most important issues with the highest impact to the organization.
Key Words: Lean Six Sigma / DMAIC / Kaizen / Continuous Improvement / Project Management / Statistical Analysis / Minitab Software
Role & Responsibility
LSS, OPEX, TQM Strategy
- Supporting role in developing, communicating, and implementing the NAO Lean Six Sigma (LSS), Operational Excellence (OPEX), and Total Quality Management (TQM) strategy
- Creates, maintains, and promotes LSS, OPEX, and TQM standards across the organization
- Execution of operations strategy aligned with LSS, OPEX, and TQM standardsLead value stream mapping efforts to drive improvement strategies
- Active role in setting the site Kaizen and project plan to attack highest impact projects and Kaizens in alignment with site lead
- Leadership and execution of Kaizen activities and events that have a high impact to the site and corporate-level KPIs
- Coordinate in the design and development of new manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials to improve flow, reduce waste, and decrease variation
- Recommend design changes to maximize economical manufacturing
- Lead the most important cross-functional projects that have high potential returns and major process improvements, and are tied to key strategic initiatives and operations strategy for the organization
- Accurate analysis of project and Kaizen benefits ($) that can be tracked and supported by finance
- Analysis of time and motion, methods, estimating, process engineering and plant layout to ensure balanced methods and available capacity to meet customer demand
- Execute a training strategy to support problem-solving and Operational Excellence throughout the organization
- Lead, co-lead Yellow Belt training
- Lead, co-lead hourly lean training
- Ensure on-going proper use of tools through training and certification
- Identify and execute training and tool improvements to improve Kaizen, project, and belt quality and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering related field.
- Product knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred with Green Belt or Black Belt training or certification.
- Less than 10% travel
- Global Breadth- North America
Doosan Bobcat is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not provide sponsorship or support for any immigration status for this position.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call
. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
Value Stream Mapping
Total Quality Management
Process Improvements (Business)
Continuous Improvement Process
Lean Six Sigma