The General Manager directs the overall Fixed Route contract, which includes, managing client relations, contract compliance, safety, and profitability. In addition, the General Manager will provide general and strategic guidance to department managers at the location. This operation consists of 35 buses and approximately 65 employees.
- Provides general guidance to department managers,which may include Operations, Customer Service/Call Center, Finance/Payroll, Human Resources, Maintenance
- Provides strategic planning and direction to the operations, responsible for the budget, safety and risk
- Manages contract compliance and client relationships
- May involve labor relations, union procedures and negotiations depending on the specific location and contract
- Develops and manages the operational budget
- Assists the Corporate office with contract procurement, operational analysis, and price proposals
- Investigates, makes and administers decisions up to and including terminations
- Has overall responsibility for scheduling, performance evaluation, and staffing responsibilities for the management staff of the facility
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 3 or more years of recent direct successful experience as a manager supervising and running a fixed-route transit property.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit system’s staff and operational departments.
- Ability to deal with state and local government.
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience handling multiple locations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor; including labor grievances and negotiations.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training; 25% in total for out of state travel to conferences, corporate headquarters.
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10236
Position Category General Managers/Assistant General Managers/Operations Managers
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 187
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Inc. (Corporate)
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback