Additional Locations: Requisition ID:
Fleetwood is one of the oldest and most popular RVs on the road and in the RV industry. We have manufactured Class A RVs for over 65+ years which is more than double most of our competition. Now manufacturing RVs under the Fleetwood, American Coach, and Holiday Rambler brands, we spent a lot of time figuring out how to make the best motorhome possible-and it all starts with construction innovation. From a perfect combination of power & reliability to hand-selecting your RV interior, we know how to make your RV Home a home.
Fleetwood RV is part of the larger REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles for the fire & emergency, commercial, and recreation markets. REV Group's extensive vehicle line-up includes models such as ambulances, fire trucks, school buses, terminal trucks, RV's, luxury buses, and much more. Our 6,500+ employees continuously demonstrate their commitment to building innovative and reliable vehicles that our customers can depend on whether for a family trip across the U.S. or when responding to an emergency. We also hire over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year. Rev Group is a veteran friendly employer and hires over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year.
A day in the life of a Welder at REV:
- Perform all Choose an item. welding procedures including machine settings, bottles, and necessary fittings
- Welding Aluminum and set up and maintaining welding machine (tip, liner, changes, etc.) and welding vertical, horizontal, and overhead.
- Inspect welds for cracks, burn through and weld spatter.
- Welding of Choose an item. where required
- Grind and clean areas where required
- Stay current in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and basic mechanical adjustments on all equipment as needed
- Follow hazardous waste disposal program and fire prevention procedures
Required education, skills, and experience to be successful:
- Preferred 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred high school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and use a tape measure for precise measurements
- Must read blueprints, and engineering drawings and perform shop math to layout, fabricate and weld various parts and assemblies
- Must process knowledge and experience in Choose an item. welding machine
- Ability to communicate professionally and follow directions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Successful completion of the drug and background screening
Physical demands in this role:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, and climbing up and down ladders.
- Ability to work with arms above head
- Ability to operate and understand the operation of all protective safety equipment in the area.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to work in non-temperature-controlled environments
What makes REV unique:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits start day one
- Military friendly employer
- Education reimbursement
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities to relocate to other REV locations
- All of our products are made in the USA
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link
for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.
- Assembly And Installation
- Fire Safety
- Measurement And Metrology
- Personal Protective Equipment