Reporting to the Lot Supervisor, responsible for the efficient and safe pick up and delivery of customer vehicles to required destination. Operate truck in a safe and legal manner in compliance with safety regulations. Perform all duties assigned by the Manager or Supervisor. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Job Summary: Reporting to the designated manager, the Wrecker Rollback Driver is responsible for the efficient and safe transport of customer vehicles to required destination on company property. Operate truck in a safe and legal manner in compliance with safety regulations. Perform all duties assigned by the Manager or Supervisor. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Tow vehicles to various locations around the property.
- Load and unload vehicles safely and free of damage.
- Lift jump boxes in and out of wrecker to jump cars around the property.
- Perform minor inspection to car as to why vehicle isn’t starting.
- Assisting vehicle registration in finding vehicles.
- Check tires on vehicles to determine if air is needed or any repairs need to be made.
- Follow all safety rules pertaining to vehicle movement on company property to ensure employee and customer safety at all times.
- Lifting gas cans in and out of wrecker to gas up vehicles on site.
- Assist in starting vehicles,
- Notify management of any problems encountered pertaining to daily schedules being met.
- Assisting with other auction related tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- High school or equivalent education
- Valid Driver’s License: excellent driving record
- Minimum 1 year of wrecker driving experience
- General car knowledge
- Must be able to drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmission
- Ability to be detail oriented, meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- The physical activity requirements of the position are from Medium to Heavy Physical Work.
- § Constant – watching, touching and fingering, listening
- § Frequent – standing, walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling,
- § Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
- § Potential – running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
- This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current , moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Oil And Gas