Required Security Clearance:
Potential for Teleworking:
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement:
IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement:
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement:
DoD CSSP Requirement:
CSSP Infrastructure Support (CySA+, CEH, GICSP, SSCP)
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
- Design, document, test, and deploy new Cyber Defense systems.
- Research, analyze, document and brief written products outlining new and emerging Cyber Defense technologies.
- Produce and disseminate build of Materials, cost analysis, and procurement recommendations of Cyber Defense technologies.
- Operate independently to deliver Cyber Defense Solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Execute pilot(s) and demonstrations of new, existing, or emerging Cyber Defense Technologies.
- Provide Tier-3 operation and maintenance of Windows and Linux Operating Systems, as well as Cyber Defense systems such as, Fire-Eye, Fidelis, Gigamon, Suricata, and others.
- Cloud computing, protection of data, applications, infrastructures and authenticating access to filtering traffic in a cloud environment.
- Planning and directing upgrades and system enhancements.
- Developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Developing documentation on new or existing systems.
- Providing system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance
- Serving as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- Communicating with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Support the building of security architectures
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
Skills and Tasks
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and additional Requirements
- In addition to Standard Characteristics of Labor Category, advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy.
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
Education and Experience
- HS/GED + 12 years
- Associates Degree + 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years
- Master’s Degree + 6 years
- PhD + 4 years