Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
Provide leadership and is responsible for all aspects of the Operation; personnel, productivity, on-time delivery performance, cost, budgeting/forecasting as well as asset management. Manage and develop a team in a fast paced environment with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery performance and inventory management utilizing business practices/processes to include 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Deploy company and factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct overall manufacturing activities of the Business Unit.
- Maintains a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originates, measures, and improves key indicators for the business unit (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- Ensures the quality systems are established and maintained.
- Continues to enhance the LEAN culture. Ensures the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment through “continuous improvement” and 5S. Implements and drives “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Develop budgets and forecasts. Approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establishes work requirements and ensures production schedules are met.
- Develop Staff and a culture within the business unit dedicated to the highest levels of quality and customer service.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Experience as a Plant Manager, Director of Operations or Operations Manager – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment and prefer low volume/high mix environment
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Dynamic, results oriented, metric driven, disciplined leadership
- Staff development and engagement skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Continuous Improvement Process