To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Financial Accounting
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Under the guidance of the Director of Accountingservices, oversees the development and implementation of company-wide accounting policies and procedures. Ensures company compliance with financialinternal controls. Oversees the companysmonthly close, consolidation and analysis of consolidated financial results. Serves as Controllers team liaison tobusiness operations and departmental leadership teams regarding financialprocesses, internal control compliance, and complex accounting issues. Requires high degree of financial analysisskills, ability to assess needs, identify issues, research solutions, recommendalternatives and implement change. Provides day to day supervision of 2-4Accounting Services teammates.
1. Minimize company risk fromaccounting errors by ensuring proper accounting/financial processes aredeveloped and maintained in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements,providing timely processing and reporting of financial statements forcompany-wide operations
2. Oversee the development andimplementation of the company-wide financial policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with financial policies andprocedures. Standardize processing andreporting. Responsible for ensuringthat the Companys internal controls over financial statement close,consolidation, financial schedules and significant account analyses aremaintained and operating as designed.
3. Drives business process improvementinitiatives. Works with company leadershipon accounting and financial issues and processes.
4. Manage the overall company monthlyclose and consolidation process to insure accurate and timely reporting ofconsolidated financial information. Directly responsible for accuracy,timeliness, and quality of companys consolidated financial statements,including appropriate application of GAAP and other regulations for publiclyheld companies.
5. Coordinates communication with companyleadership regarding the accounting close process, accounting and reportingissues, internal accounting control policies & compliance, and more complexaccounting issues; acts as internalsubject matter expert on the same.
6. Responsible for proper accounting ofvarious complex areas, including vendor incentives, loss contingencies, cashmanagement, guaranteed savings and other areas as required. Serve as primary liaison to the financialoperations accounting team for accounting related issues. Perform related technical accounting researchas needed.
7. Assists in special projects relatedto any company changes in accounting policies or procedures due toacquisitions, divestitures or system redesigns, including the development andimplementation of procedures needed to properly record financial activity for operatingunits.
8. Work with multiple departments andleadership to develop and implement processes to ensure complete and timelyaccount reconciliations and efficient/effective reporting of events andtransactions for which they are responsible. Provide oversight and final review for accuracy and completeness oftheir work.
9. Coordinate and summarize detailedanalytical reviews of consolidated financial results (balance sheet and incomestatement). Understand and documentsignificant drivers for variances from plan and forecast. Present findings to senior management.
10. Develop and prepare various consolidated / consolidating reports andanalyses to meet the needs of multiple departments and leadership. Develop financial reports and other analysesto enhance managements decision-making process.
11. Assist senior management in the development / change of organizationalreporting structures, and related financial reports and other analyses toenhance managements decision-making process.
12. Partner with management on the preparation of the annual operating plan.Manage the annual operating plan process for various allocation processes,including the home office charge allocation process, and others as required.
13. Prepare monthly journal entries and related schedules, reconciliationsor analyses for various general ledger accounts. Prepares monthly, quarterly and year endaudit schedules
14. Coordinate preparation of reconciliations and other schedules requiredfor quarterly & annual audit. Serveas a primary contract with the internal and external auditors for accountinginquiries related to consolidated financial results.
15. Support the business review process. Attend all business reviews; makedeterminations of how information presented in the business reviews impacts theCompanys overall financial statements. Evaluate impact on the financial statements.
16. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
Four-year undergraduatedegree required.
Atleast seven years (up to and including) ten years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A. CPA certification required.
B. Must have strong accountingtechnical background (GAAP).
C. Experience with accounting software,and Microsoft Excel and Access.
D. Financial consulting and analysisskills. Ability to assess needs,identify issues, research solutions, recommend alternatives and implementchange.
E. Demonstrated higher level decisionmaking capabilities.
F. Ability to manage and implementcomplex financial projects.
G. Strong ability and experiencemanaging and performing multiple concurrent tasks.
H. Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills - able to communicate financial concepts to non-financialaudience.
I. Demonstrated understanding offinancial processes and system.
J. Ability to plan and coordinatecompletion of tasks in a multi-deadline environment
K. Ability to work independently.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Generaloffice equipment. Including personal computer and calculator.
WORKING CONDITIONS ANDENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
- Some travel may be required
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of forceoccasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly tolift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the humanbody. Sedentary work involves sittingmost of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods oftime. Jobs are sedentary if walking andstanding are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria aremet.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity ofvision at 20 inches or less.
Extendinghand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Seizing,holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hands. Fingers areinvolved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
Picking,pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with wholehand or arm as in handling).
Expressingor exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities inwhich employees must impart oral information to clients or to the public, andin those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spokeninstructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Perceivingthe nature of sounds. Hearing isimportant for those activities which require ability to receive detailedinformation through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations insound, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.