GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role\:
This equipment engineering position is for an Engineer who will support Metrology/CFM Semiconductor inspection tools. The primary responsibilities of this position are to sustain the manufacturing production line, participate in troubleshooting of equipment issues, and work with equipment and process team on tool improvements. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and exhibit a high-level of interest in understanding and solving complex technical problems. Target tool sets are KLA Puma, SP3, eDR 7100, AMAT G2, G5 and HMI escan 320 defect systems.
As an Equipment Engineer you are responsible to support the Fab 10 maintenance team. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to\:
- Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes necessary to run and maintain the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards.
- Manage equipment spending to ensure it fits within budget, and work on cost reduction.
- Work in close collaboration with Process Engineering and Manufacturing teams
- Engage in knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with sister fabs and other modules.
- Create materials and perform training of equipment technicians working on tools in the area.
- Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers. Drive escalations and work together on resolution of tool issues.
- Read and interpret tool schematics (electrical, PIDs, utilities diagrams, etc.)
- Engage in continuous improvement activities on tools and develop solutions for higher throughput and improvement in tool performance.
- Perform data analysis of recurring and/or chronic issues.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education\: B.S. degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, other related engineering physical science discipline or technical Associates degree with Military and relevant industrial experience.
- Experience – Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Strong continuous improvement mindset, permanently driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business process, work procedures and instructions, work organization
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to MTS Equipment Engineer - PLY and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.