RSM’s unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured by [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply and the [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply magazine as one of the players in the “Math Revolution,” and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
The Russian School of Mathematics is hiring part-time Math Teachers in Wellesley, MA. The school is open from 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm on weekdays and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekends.
- Teach Mathematics in elementary or middle or high school grades
- Work closely with a mentor teacher to develop, plan and execute lessons that reflect RSM curriculum and teaching methods
- Provide a safe environment conducive to learning
- Promote and evaluate key critical reasoning skills as well as social and emotional growth
- Communicate with parents by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance and social acclimation
- Communicate with school managers to discuss the students’ progress and classroom atmosphere
- Attend training sessions organized by RSM.
- Bachelor's degree in Math or related field (minimum) and Master's Degree in Education (preferred)
- Minimum one year of experience working with kids preferably in a school system or university settings
- Ability and desire to make Math fun for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exposure to or experience in other than U.S. models of Math Education is a plus
- Familiarity with Math Competitions is a plus
RSM embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. RSM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complex Problem Solving