To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Hedge Fund Accountant - SS&C GlobeOp
SS&C Technologies Inc • New York, NY
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
We are looking for a Hedge Fund Accountant in our 4 Times Square NY, NY 10036 location.
- Reconciling the funds cash to outside sources
- Reconciling the funds positions/securities to outside sources
- Researching internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
- Pricing the fund portfolios
- Analyzing fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
- Issuing P&L reports on a daily basis
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV’s
- Posting accounting entries to ledger
- Performing month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
- Working with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures
- Working with auditors to prepare and present year-end financial accounts
- Reviewing work prepared by others
- Training fund accounting staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a hedge fund accountant, product controller or auditor of hedge funds
- Prior experience with various financial products; for example equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options
- Strong MS Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of corporate actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary