$55000.00 to $70000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance and Accounting is partnering with our client to staff a Payroll Specialist role. The Payroll Specialist will contribute to the production of accurate and timely payroll for their employees throughout Midwest. This is a permanent placement career opportunity with great benefits, including a generous 401K match, PTO, and health insurance. If you are able to multitask, pay strong attention to detail, and enjoy being a great team, this Payroll Administrator position may be for you! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the East Metro, Minnesota area. Interested? Submit an application today! Thank you, Doreen Cordova.
What you get to do every day
- Have the ability to answer, general questions related to payroll, PTO accruals, wage deductions, and fringe benefits
- Organize quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Ability to enter payroll deductions, have your own checks and balance for accuracy, ability to process wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Investigate pay practices related to FLSA, other payroll areas, and fringe benefit reporting to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Comply with payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Confirm timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Work in partnership Information Technology, Human Resources, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Assess data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Keep current with regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Develop systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
bi-Monthly Payroll, Multi-state Payroll, Multi-State Processing, MS Excel, Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Ad Hoc Reporting, UltiPro
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Payroll Administrator
for more information.
Fair Labor Standards Act
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Fundamental Payroll Certification
Automated Data Processing (Adp)