The Technology Transition Office is responsible to the Chief of Capabilities Integration and Planning for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The Technology Transition Office provides support not only across the customer organization but to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting Technology Transition Office process, monitoring and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities. Customer support requests are evaluated by the Government to determine alignment with its scope and objectives. Discrete task descriptions will be created for all requests and be used for tracking and to enable contractor assignments.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in researching systems, services and capabilities to be decommissioned, documenting the known details to enable decision making by the stakeholders and capability owners. This role involves planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to assist the government to facilitate technology transition into and out of the capabilities architecture, and works with the government to facilitate, lead and document decision meetings to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transition and Decommission Sr Principal Sys Engr
. For ongoing news, please visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transition and Decommission Sr Principal Sys Engr
. For SAIC benefits information, see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transition and Decommission Sr Principal Sys Engr
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (Ts/Sci Clearance)