To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stafford, VA 22554
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Technical Writer (Secret Cleared)
ECS Federal, LLC • Stafford, VA
Posted 2 months ago
ECS is seeking a Technical Writer to work in our Stafford, VA office.
ECS is Hiring!
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Active DoD Secret Clearance + US Citizenship
ECS has an opportunity for a Technical Writer supporting a Department of Defense (DoD) customer within its Mission Systems division in Stafford, Va. In this role, you will play an important part of a dynamic project team supporting end-user documentation and other programmatic deliverables.
In this role, you will provide the following support:
- Develop and update end user materials, including user manuals, online help, quick start guides, Web-based Training modules, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Analyze and communicate complex technical processes in a series of simple, repeatable steps
- Explain technical concepts in language (and graphics) that will be clear to non-technical end users
- Adhere to internal standards and conventions, style guides, and client expectations, with an eye for continuous improvement
- Proofread, edit, and communicate technical information and convert material from technical personnel into useable terms
- Corroborate with multiple team members (both off-site and remote)
- Understand the role of Technical Writing within the full Software Development Life Cycle (e.g., Rational Unified Process [RUP] or comparable discipline)
- Manage multiple overlapping deadlines and proactively resolve schedule conflicts
- Work both independently and as part of a team, as-needed
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related field of study
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 3-5+ years of experience, at minimum, in a DoD or Federal Government environment (Navy or U.S. Marine Corps experience preferred)
- 3-5+ years of experience, at minimum, in previous technical writing job or role
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, eliminate wordiness and repetition, choose clear and precise words, and avoid generalizations and jargon
- Ability to implement Marine Corps and DoD documentation standards, to include Microsoft Manual of Style (MMOS) and any applicable Government standards, as well as review documentation for grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Experience writing, editing, and producing technical documents, related to software development and network operations projects, to deliver quality products
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (version 2013 or later), including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, and Visio
- Strong command of Adobe Technical Communication Suite (version 2015 or later) tools, including Framemaker, Robohelp, Captivate, and Acrobat DC
- Experience or familiarity with Techsmith Snagit (version 11 or later), or related screen capture and recording software
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio (2015 or later) and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively coordinate with subject matter experts, project team members and stakeholders, and management at all levels
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.