JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Working in a support role, performs duties involved in the development, testing, implementation of operating system and related software.
• Makes upgrades, expands and/or maintains existing PC computer system and provides admin support for a Windows based server.
• Provides problem solving of specific issues to computer users as required.
• Evaluates system specifications and insures hardware/software compatibility and maintains workstations and MS Windows Operating Systems for stable performance.
• Loads technical application software, with specific configurations, standard templates and interfaces.
• Performs the daily operation of MS Windows Server software to include system security, appropriate access, configuration and backing up the system.
• Installs the latest drivers and ensures output devices are working properly.
• Organizes and secures directory structure per project and organizational requirements and performs data recovery as required.
• Understands the basics of HTML and maintains web enabled applications in support of Information Technology requirements.
• Configures hardware such as: workstations, printers, servers and tape drives and maintains a Computer Authorization and Custodial Receipt Listing (CA/CRL) to track equipment configurations and identification logs.
• Administers server deployment of applications and respective incremental licensing.
• Serves as POC for problem reporting, and monitors yearly support contract.
• Understands the basics of document management and supports engineering and manufacturing customers in the electronic access, publishing, viewing and printing plotting of project files.
• Performs other duties as requested. Uses established policies, procedures, and subject matter knowledge to complete routine assignments performed under general supervision with appreciable latitude for independent contribution.
Will be asked to make functional the initiatives established by management and will coordinate with other organizations as affected by upgrades, capabilities, policy and procedures. Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION The System Administrator I will be responsible for documenting existing procedures, obtaining documents and signatures, and submitting required documentation for review by cybersecurity decision makers. The System Administrator I will possess the following skills/knowledge/experience:
• Basic familiarity with common computer hardware, operating systems, networking equipment, and software. Essential understanding of security principles for information systems and data, both in-motion and at-rest.
• The ability communicate effectively, in verbal or written media, to both technical and non-technical customers, vendors, colleagues, and project managers.
• Journeyman-level competence with common productivity software (documents, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail), collaborative communications software, web browsers and e-mail.
• A high degree of organization and autonomy to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Adaptability to work on both team projects and individual tasks.
• Interpersonal skills to work as part of a team and to take and give constructive feedback on team projects.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates or higher degree in Information Technology, or equivalent academic/technical training. Possess 3 years related experience or combination of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise. Must possess a basic knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in computer science, graphics, and information systems. Must have specific experience in the use of MS window server environments and various CAD, database, MS Office and Web enabled applications. Must be capable of updating or repairing computer systems. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines. The incumbent must possess a valid, state issued driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. Must possess or obtain a Comp TIA Security + certification within 180 days of hire. Must be a U.S. citizen. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Server (Computer Science)