Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Driver for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. The primary purpose of your job position is to provide safe and timely transportation of PACE participants, including transport meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other transportation as deemed necessary. Responsible for overall cleanliness, safety of the vehicle assigned on a daily basis, and communicating any safety issues to the Transportation Manager. This position will work under the supervision of the Transportation Manager.
Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Saint Joseph PACE offers a complete and comprehensive benefit package including outstanding medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life, generous PTO plan, and paid holidays, plus many more fantastic benefits.
General responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the PACE passengers during transport, providing care in a manner which ensures participant satisfaction.
- Follow assigned schedule, make adjustments to meet unanticipated changes, while considering the needs of the participant and requirements of the PACE center, as well as communicating these changes to the Transportation Manager.
- Operate equipment safely and in compliance with the vehicle licensing regulations.
- Transport participants to and from medical/specialist appointments and activity outings as requested by the interdisciplinary team via the plan of care.
- Transport meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other items as deemed necessary for the participants.
- Provide physical assistance to each participant when needed as he or she boards and debarks from the programs vehicles.
- Handle potential infectious fluids with appropriate biohazard precautions and practices Universal Precautions.
- Maintain the vehicle in a neat and clean condition, ensuring vehicle equipment is maintained and operating within the manufacturer's recommendations; replacing supplies as needed.
Candidates will have:
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge obtained through high school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred.
- Valid Operator's license in good standing required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of TH PACE.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform multiple duties and functions related to daily operations and maintain excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform frequent detailed tasks and provide immediate service with frequent interruptions. Ability to change and be flexible with work priorities. Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various on-site or virtual sources based on technical and experience based knowledge. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
To apply for this position please visit the career website page at URL blocked - click to apply
Emergency Medical Technician
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)