HBK Engineering is seeking entry-level civil engineering candidates, including recent graduates, who have an interest in working in the energy sector.HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering-related issues.
- Deploy creative and unique solutions to address a wide variety of complex electrical, structural, civil, and construction-related challenges.
- Perform designs for utility infrastructure using subsurface utility engineering (“SUE”) guidelines.
- Own all phases of the design lifecycle from initiation through construction completion and project closeout.
- Work with project management and engineering leadership to manage project risk.
- Work with project management and engineering leadership to identify and engage all relevant project stakeholders including system planning, construction, community members, governance authorities, and client project management to guarantee project success.
- Communicate complex engineering matters to a variety of project stakeholders.
- Independently manage time and schedule to achieve project milestones.
- Prepare detailed design documents using a variety of software tools including AutoCAD, GIS systems, and client-specific enterprise asset management platforms.
- Prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications as required for designs.
- Prepare reports and studies meeting client requirements that present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform field walkdowns with internal staff, clients, customers, governance authorities, and construction partners.
- Travel as needed, typically <25%.
- BSCE from ABET accredited institution.
- 0 to 3 years of experience.
- US driver’s license.
- US work authorization.
- An ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong technology skills and an understanding of the Office365 suite of tools.
- Understanding of remote communication software.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on in-process projects and hit the ground running.
- Experience collaborating with a team in order to complete a larger project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The persistence to see projects through to completion.
- Adaptable to change.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
- EIT certification.
- Experience using CAD-based software.
- Prior engineering internship experience.
- Project management, surveying/field work, and/or construction experience.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.EEO Statement
HBK is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at HBK is based on personal ability and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, citizenship status, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other factors protected by law.
- Asset Management
- Auto Cad
- Civil Engineering