To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Methuen, MA 01844
- Cross Country Healthcare
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge Nurse
Cross Country Healthcare • Methuen, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge Nurse - Holy Family Hospital - Methuen, MA
Part-Time, Days/Nights - 24 hour per week
Come join Steward Health Care System where we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
The Charge Nurse RN will be responsible for carrying out supervisor accountabilities over 3 assigned units. Job accountabilities may deviate slightly between various units. The Registered Nurse Charge Nurse may be assigned to facilitate admissions and/or discharges, transports, and meal break coverage. May be expected to function in the role of Rapid Response Team and Code Blue response team nurse. Will be deployed to any nursing unit at the discretion of the Director of Nursing Operations or Administrative Nursing Supervisor.
- The Charge Nurse RN provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e. appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g. numerical, FACES and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current nursing licensure in Massachusetts as a registered professional nurse required.
- BSN preferred.
- BCLS required.
- ACLS required.
- Must have 3-5 years of Critical Care or Emergency Department experience.
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests.
- This position will report to the Director of Nursing Operations and will be assigned by the Nursing Office.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration