Are you an Optics Technician or Engineer familiar with optical tables, beam splitters, lasers, etc.?
This might be a great opportunity for you!!!
Job Title: Technician I Engineering- Optical
Supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance.
We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As an Optical Engineering Technician, the successful candidate will build, install, test, and maintain optical or opto-electrical equipment, such as lasers, lenses, or mirrors, using power meters, interferometers, or related equipment. Responsibilities include process development, documentation, training, and sustaining activities for Infrared Sensor test operations.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: High school diploma or GED and 0 years applicable engineering experience.
- Associates degree in Laser Electro Optics preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks and processes
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision, regular reporting of progress and status
- Computer literate & skilled in use of MS Office
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solver
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as needed
- Support engineering with moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks.
- Experience with laser safety protocols.
- Experience assembling, characterizing, and validating lasers or improvements of existing laser systems
- Ability to document procedures, such as alignment, focus, or calibration of optical equipment.
- Experience assembling optical, optoelectronic, or free-space optics components, subcomponents, assemblies, or subassemblies.
- Experience building and operating prototype or test apparatus, such as control consoles, collimators, recording equipment, or cables.
- Recommend optical or optic equipment design or material changes to reduce costs or processing times.
- Experience with electronic instruments and test equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adjust or maintain equipment, such as lasers, laser systems, power meters, beam analyzers, or energy measurement devices.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions in existing systems and makes modifications as needed.
- Repair or calibrate optical test systems.
- Performs advanced testing processes on a variety of equipment and recording results.
- Requires knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment, alignment and troubleshooting test failures.
- Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules.
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Train and provide technical support to operations test personnel.
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as necessary.
- Assist engineers in the development of new products, fixtures, tools, or processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Kneeling up to 10% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Repairing (Computer Systems)