Athens Services is seeking a junior - mid career paralegal. The preferred candidate will be located at one of several facilities within the greater Los Angeles area. There is a potential for some hybrid work schedule but this is mostly an on-site job as onsite support and interaction with team members is important for job and career success. This role will report to the General Counsel and will support three in-house counsel as well as non-legal employees.
Essential Job Functions:
This role will have a broad range of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Review, draft, edit and comment upon a broad range of contracts and agreements (NDAs, engagement letters, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, etc.); partner with internal legal team, outside counsel and counterparties to resolve any outstanding issues;
* Draft letters, such as notice of termination of an agreement and notice of intent to not renew an agreement;
* Collaborate with leadership to create contract boilerplates for agreements and amendments
* Work with and manage all contracts, and help to implement and maintain a contract management system.
* Assist with litigation and related matters including compiling documents and information for discovery or subpoenas and coordinating witnesses as necessary.
* Assist with budgeting - establishing, tracking, reports.
* Support the legal hold process.
* Leading and supporting processes for ongoing review of company policies and procedures.
* Produce periodic reports including litigation reports and legal fees metrics.
* Provide other assistance to operations, legal and compliance teams as needed and take on additional responsibilities based on experience, abilities, and interests
* 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
* Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certification preferred
* Familiarity with different types of contracts
* Ability to coordinate a busy attorney calendar
* Computer proficiency, including Outlook and word processing (Microsoft Word); knowledge of Teams is a plus
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and work efficiently
* Excellent communication skills
* Highly motivated team-player, reliable, and dedicated
* Professional attitude and positive work ethic
* Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
* Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
* Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
* Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
* Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
* This position may travel to local sites.
Salary: $57,324 - $87,900 yearly
* Competitive wages
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Career plan
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
* An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
- Attention To Detail
- Financial Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Law Enforcement