To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Plaines, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Manager, Customer Operations
DSC Logistics, Inc. • Des Plaines, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transportation Manager, Customer Operations
DSC Logistics, a leading supply chain management company, focuses on designing, integrating, managing, and adapting supply chain solutions. DSC capabilities as a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party provider (3PL) include supply chain analysis and design network management, Logistics Center management, transportation management, business process integration, supply chain visibility, value-added services and dynamic supply chain management. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for a Manager, Customer Operations at our Transportation Management Center located in Des Plaines, IL.
The Manager of Customer Operations as a part of the Transportation Management Center (TMC) Leadership Team, will be responsible for facilitating efficient operations and enabling information flow to ensure continuity, quality, and realization of value for the customer. This position will be located at our TMC headquarters in Des Plaines, IL. Successful candidates for this role will be knowledgeable of Supply Chain Management systems and the transportation industry, self-directed and motivated to develop operations solutions and drive change based on customer needs across their entire Supply Chain. This position will be the transportation liaison between the TMC, the customer, the Warehouses and associated Manufacturers, Co-packers and Suppliers..
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with all internal and external parties through effective communication, conflict resolution, and compliance management
- Act as the primary transportation resource by 1) Assessing complex business situations, 2) Identifying problems through root cause analysis, and 3) Developing/designing solution based strategies to improve service and control expenses
- Provide operational expertise and leverage in depth customer knowledge to support field operations on various initiatives
- Drive results through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics
- Create, communicate, and implement transportation initiatives that determine new business opportunities to grow/expand the customer relationship
- Lead and manage projects with both internal and external resources across the network
- Present project materials and findings in support of customer meeting preparation including development of key analysis, metrics, graphs, timelines and other presentation and meeting materials
- Ensure that all customer issues are escalated in an efficient manner, informing the TMC, VP of Trans and VP/GM of Operations team of any problems that may arise
- Implement process changes in the TMC, Manufacturers, Co-packers and Third Party Providers to improve operational performance
- Analyze cost and pricing strategies to ensure value based ROI
- Oversee account receivables, and invoicing
- Travel up to 25% to Warehouses, customer locations and plants / co-packers
Experience and Skills Required
- 5+ years experience in a Logistics and / or Warehouse environment, to include transportation and client facing roles
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain or Business; MBA preferred
- Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance collaborative customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop long term plans for key accounts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a proactive and timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) with ability to present at all levels
- Innovative thinker who enjoys learning and problem solving.
- Previous experience with integrated WMS and TMS preferred
- Strong project management skills with clear orientation to detail
- Knowledgeable in logistics center operations with basic understanding of warehousing, inventory, order fulfillment, customer service, and transportation
- Capable with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Visio experience a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines (time management)
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.