Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Working in a team environment, you will apply professional engineering knowledge to provide maintenance and development support for flight dynamics software and derive algorithm requirements for data analysis and to improve flight operations. You will perform in-orbit operations including maneuver planning, propellant accounting and related trending analysis.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Primary duty will be to support detail data and trending analysis for the fleet of satellites.
- Derive algorithm and implement tools to improve data trending and satellite maneuver life calculations.
- Develop automation to alert of anomalous deviations from established trends.
- Perform orbit determination and maneuver planning to maintain the position of our geosynchronous satellites.
- Perform on-call responsibilities.
Can you drive these processes?
- Participate in flight dynamics software maintenance, development, enhancement, and testing.
- Maintain accurate accounting of propellant.
- Monitor maneuver performance and refine and update satellite maneuver life estimates.
- Support daily flight dynamics operations, including orbit determination, maneuver planning, and product generation.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (computer science, engineering, physics degree preferred), with at least one year of relevant experience
- Good analytical ability and programming skills
- Experience working in an environment which requires engineering and analytical skills
- Experience with Fortran.
- Experience working with different hardware platforms and software operating systems
- Ability to work autonomously and perform self-directed research.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
It would be nice if you had:
- Familiarity with Matlab, SQL, and/or Perl is a plus
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Sql (Programming Language)