As a Branch Manager for Beacon, you will lead a team of hard working individuals while overseeing the daily operations of a high volume branch in the building materials industry.
Complete Job Description
- Manage and oversee all daily operations of Branch
- Provide Regional Branch Manager any requested branch specific information
- Oversee all aspects of profit center (operations, sales, admin, etc.)
- Determine the nature of profitable versus non-profitable business through precise decision making and trend analysis
- Work closely with Branch Credit Manager to determine adequate account base
- Deal directly with corporate office on matters that concern day to day branch functions
- Develop plans for increased branch profitability
- Market Allied to internal and external customer base through advertising dollars and manufacturer information/incentives
- Provide training to all staff
- Groom future managers
- Oversee all branch personnel to assure that they are reaching their full potential
- Responsible for building and maintaining morale in the branch
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and setting an example for staff
- Act as support line for all departments
- Promote teamwork both within local team and region
- Communicate regularly with vendors to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality staff of the very best available people
- Continue to work to improve the skills of existing employees
- Act as a safety leader and is responsible for monthly safety committee meetings
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Prompt communication all vital branch specific information to Regional Managers
- Complete all tasks on the Branch Manager's monthly checklist
- Maintain ample levels of inventory to meet delivery and service expectations of all Allied customers
- Maintain a working knowledge of Allied’s benefits and policies
- Complete all WC/Accident reporting
- Understand and utilizing the Trend system
- Conduct performance appraisals for all direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and employees
- Experience leading a team of employees towards a common goal
- Motivational skills
- Ability to work well with people
- Ability to work with employees to satisfy individual needs
- Ability remain organized while working with multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Must have a valid driver license
- Experience in the building products industry is preferred
Resolve Customer Issue
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1034650
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently operates over 500 locations in 50 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
View the full profile
Beacon’s mission is to be the leading North American supplier to commercial and residential roofing and exterior building contractors through a family of long-established regional suppliers and to add value to our contractor customers' businesses, to our employees' careers, to our investors' assets, and to our suppliers' products.
Beacon Roofing Supply ShowroomOur local branches stock a comprehensive product line that caters to their markets. In addition to roofing, local product offerings can include windows, siding, decking, waterproofing and many other external building products. Our status as a leader in our industry allows us to develop strong partnerships with leading brand manufacturers and to stock an unmatched supply of the professional components necessary for the quality, timely completion of our contractor-customers projects.