KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Investigative Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Intake and Analysis US within CRSA, the Investigative Analyst is accountable to provide support and serve in investigative capacity by gathering, organizing and analyzing various fraud incidents through initial assessment, conducting of link searches and escalating as appropriate. They further support Intake Consultants and Investigators on more complex files by pulling documentation from a variety of sources to support ongoing investigations and may be called up to attend meetings on large cases to discuss the results of the investigation. Through effective execution of this role, the impact of criminal risk on the customer and the bank will be minimized.
- Ensures fraud incidents and events reported into CRSA are evaluated, investigated, closed or escalated for further investigation in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Monitors incidents for trends, patterns or significance and escalates the same to management in a timely manner.
- Escalates to and supports Intake Consultants on more complex cases and various projects.
- Identifies incidents needing escalation to Investigators and escalates accordingly.
- Supports impacted lines of business in identification and recovery of loss events.
- Performs tasks and assignments to assist with meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides content and supports communication and educational programs of the Enterprise Criminal Risk Management Framework.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with others to identify and enhance strategies which effectively manages criminal risk. Escalates large losses and/or significant incidents to management.
- Demonstrates behaviors which are consistent with the firm’s Code of Ethics and aligned with its values.
- Ensures adherence to all aspects of First Principles, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as other bank policies and standards and applicable legislation and regulatory rules and requirements. Ensures all regulatory and audit guidelines are adhered to. Understands the implications and risks of non-adherence.
- Ensures strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and bank information to protect the customer and the bank and to ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with mandated reporting and filing such as, but not limited to, filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- High School Diploma is required
- Knowledge of applicable acronyms (i.e. SAR, CTR, MIEL, ATO, AML, BSA, OCC, FinCEN, etc.) and their meanings
- At least 2 years of banking/FI experience in the US
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and attention to details skills.
- Strong knowledge of programs such Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Efficient in a high pace/volume environment.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations and regulatory offices governing financial institutions in the United States.
- University/college degree would be a plus
- CFE Certification would be a plus
- Excellent Communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Team player
- Not afraid to ask questions
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation