We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will report directly to a Director of FP&A, and will provide enterprise-wide and business unit financial analysis to support the corporation’s key finance activities, with significant interaction, partnering, and engagement with senior management and functional leaders across ATD. This opportunity will support annual financial planning and rolling financial forecasting across the entire organization, while tracking and benchmarking corporate performance metrics, with active engagement with company leadership, ownership and investors. As ATD embarks on an ambitious and exciting corporate transformation, this role is crucial to the development, monitoring and interpretation of data analytics to enhance financial reporting quality, improve profitability and drive success of strategic initiatives.
- Support and execute the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan, rolling 12 month financial forecasting, S&OP, and working capital forecasting processes
- Provide analytical support to key field business units, market-facing corporate functional business units (e.g., E-Commerce, Tire Buyer, Marketing, Tire Pros, and emerging B2B and B2C ventures)
- Develop & deliver in-depth reporting and analysis, ranging from ordinary course to ad hoc financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually), multi-dimensional scorecards, complex dynamic models and executive presentations to senior, product and regional managers
- Develop presentations and provide decision support in communications with the executive leadership team, Board of Directors, private equity Sponsors, and trading partners
- Analyze operating performance, develop and evaluate pricing, sales and merchandising strategies based on product/customer profitability, operational cost efficiencies, working capital management, competitive analysis, benchmarking, market dynamics and corporate performance goals
- Review and analyze operating unit profitability, margin trends, monthly budget-to-actual, operating and overhead variance analysis, financial metric sensitivity analysis, ad-hoc analysis and reporting, ROA, ROI, EVA, and special projects across entire ATD platform
- M&A, venturing, capital investment, real estate investment analysis and decision support
- Contribute to special corporate finance projects, including financial strategy, capital structure, and financing transactions
Key Partners (Positions):
- Financial Planning & Analysis Department, Vice President, Analysts
- Finance function leadership (CFO, Controllership & Treasury, BU finance leaders, Shared Services)
- C-Suite, Senior Leadership team, Regional Presidents, BU & functional leaders across ATD
- Private Equity Sponsors
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year university required; finance and/or accounting background preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting, or similar data-driven function preferred.
- Advanced Excel modeling and data analytics capabilities
- Generates succinct value-added insights to drive performance improvements
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, problem solving, accountability, business acumen & enthusiasm
- Effective, convincing & polished presentation skills, with advanced PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong interpersonal characteristics with maturity to interact with senior executives
- Experience in financial statement review and adept at managing large data sets across multiple technology sources
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across teams, functions & departments
- Quantitative methods/analytics skills (e.g., predictive, Monte Carlo simulation, risk analysis)
- Process/lean/six sigma thinking and capability
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Minimal travel expected (up to 10% seasonally)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R09755