Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Information Security Architect to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Sr. Information Security Manager and will be based in San Jose, CA with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate nationwide. .
Additional note: As Information Security Architect, you will be responsible to lead cloud security and compliance requirements at Bloom Energy. The ideal candidate is a deep security-focused technologist with a proven track record of supporting, analyzing, designing, and implementing security best practices in the Cloud and on premise environments. An integral part of the role is not only to drive security standards across Bloom Energy, but also engage with multiple teams like Engineering, Product Development, Legal, HR and Finance. The candidate will work closely with our Legal and HR teams in meeting our compliance requirements like PCI, CCPA and GDPR.
Candidate must maintain a professional attitude, creative thinker, problem solver and possess good customer service skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Expert level experience with cloud security, platforms, and services, including working knowledge of cloud-native security products and tools in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, others), as well as multi-cloud security management technologies
- Perform cloud security assessments for SaaS, PaaS engagements and provide detailed risk summary reports to the business.
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, prior experience implementing major regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, CCPA, GDPR, and NERC CIP.
- Responsible to implement and maintain best security standards and policies to protect Information systems architecture that includes Cloud, Data Center, Network, Servers, Storage, databases Applications and related access control.
- Work with our business teams to ensure that critical data is protected and security is integrated into the products, software, applications and at customer install sites.
- Devise security best practices and controls for the identity and access management program
- Participate in project meetings and perform security design reviews.
- Research latest security best practices, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and help to disseminate this information within the groups.
- Implement relevant tools to monitor security threats, analyze relevant logs and take appropriate actions on multi-cloud environments
- Mentor and provide relevant training to the global team members
- Lead customer security audits and other corporate compliance requirements.
- Develop, maintain and deploy security policies, process, and standards
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience working as an information security administrator or architect
- 2+ years hands-on working experience in multi-cloud environments AWS, MS Azure and others
- This role requires a combination of technical and business acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions around security risk management, and a strong ability to communicate with key internal stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, preventive, detective, and offensive security solutions.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Experience in SOX, PCI, CCPA, GDPR audit and compliance standards
- Educational Requirements
- BS from an accredited college or university with major course work in Computer Science
- 8+ years of information security experience working in a globally distributed network infrastructure and cloud environment.
- Professional security management certification such as CISSP, CISA, preferred and any cloud certification (AWS or Azure) will be a plus.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
- Information Security
- Access Controls
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
- Vulnerability Management
- Storage (Computing)
- Storage (Warehousing)