To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX 75243
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Specialist- Assembler II
DRS Technologies Inc • Dallas, TX
Posted 2 months ago
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS, NIS – Texas is seeking a process technician who will be responsible for plasma etching of semiconductor materials used to manufacture IR Focal Plane Arrays. This position will be accountable for process equipment operation, qualification and production output of the plasma etch work -center. Position is critical to success of DRS IR Focal Plane Arrays.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 2+ years
Summary of Role
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
- Follows written work instructions.
- Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- May perform more detailed tasks requiring deeper knowledge and experience in the specified processes and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Able to effectively communicate with other functional departments, such as Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales departments
- Resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate good decision making ability
- Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Proper use of required PPE
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Good Communication skills (oral and written)
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those that govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Perform advanced-level functions, which may include: the operation and certification on more than 1 tool in more than one of the manufacturing areas.
- Must exhibit excellent attention and strict adherence to details
- Follow written work instructions.
- Work under minimal supervision
- Basic Computer skills (WORD, Excel)
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs advanced-level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical , harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
- Interprets blueprints, Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in dept
- If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points - 3 points in-process - 3 points final - 4 points source
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting, walking, climbing, bending, sitting, standing, stooping
- Must be able to work in a class 100 Clean room environment and wear full body smock, hair net, safety glasses and required shoes.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS