For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
The Office Services Assistant is a member of the Chicago Facilities team working collaboratively to provide high quality, responsive service ensuring professional and efficient office operations. This is an opportunity to step into a role that will be multi-faceted, involving a wide range of responsibilities and interaction with a diverse range of Segal colleagues.
The Role: The Assistant interacts with everyone in the office supporting business needs as well as contributing to client deliverables. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reception coverage to include greeting and assisting guests and answering main phone line;
• Coordination of meetings and various office events (i.e.: scheduling and maintaining conference rooms, annual office clean-up);
• Organization and maintenance of client files, databases, and recordkeeping - both online as well as hard copies kept onsite as well as off-site;
• Production of high quality client deliverables (reports and presentations);
• Support of mailroom activities including sorting/delivering of mail;
• Assistance with basic office needs for 150 employees, such as moves, supplies, basic repairs, safety/security, and overall maintenance of office facility;
• Coordinatation with the Office of the Building, as needed;
• Work on ad hoc projects for other teams; and
• Provide assistance and back-up support to the Office Services Manager (ie: communications and messages, reports, etc.).
• 2-5 years of related work experience involving aspects of supporting office operations (reception, mail, filing, light maintenance, administration);
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Demonstrated ability to be reliable, dependable, proactive and service-oriented;
• Must be able to exercise initiative to prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines – be self-directed not requiring close management;
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to excel working independently as well as with teams in a fast paced environment;
• Flexibility, effective project management skills and maturity; and
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Excel Spreadsheet Creation