To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Queens, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lehigh Technical • Queens, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Lehigh Technical & Professional Service is a leading staffing agency dating back to the 1950's. We specialize in direct placement and temporary positions in the fields of: IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting and Administrative. We are currently partnering with a leading manufacturing company to assist them in their search for an Industrial Engineer.
Our client is a Tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry looking for a Jr. level Industrial Engineer for its' Jamaica, New York location. Position will report to the Director of Operations. The candidate will have excellent communications skills, be dedicated to a safety, and show a willingness to be part of a team environment.
Summary of Responsibility:
The candidate will be responsible for combining technical knowledge with common sense to help improve present operations and help prepare the organization for new opportunities. The candidate must be capable of multi-tasking and show excellent problem solving skills.
• Analyzing Data or information to help management make educated decisions on key business opportunities.
• Display the capability to utilize hardware and software to help determine best possible solutions.
• Utilize Lean manufacturing techniques to streamline operations and provide superior customer service.
• Manage expectations from all levels of management and work closely with shop employees.
• Display Project Management skills and provide task management documentation.
• Manage the Bill of Material process.
• Help teach employees in cost effective technologies.
• Ability and desire to learn and be a contributor.
• Help establish material flow and cost effective manufacturing processes.
• Aid in financial analysis of new products.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Technologies, being a certified Green belt would be a plus.
• Have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a Team environment.
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to multi-task is essential.
• Desire to learn and contribute.