St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
This position works as a paraprofessional employee who provides comprehensive personal care and assists with other health care needs for the patient under a written Plan of Care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gives or assists with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair treatments, nails and skin care.
2. Assists with elimination, utilizing a bedpan or urinal, commode or bathroom.
3. Feeds or assist patient with eating and prepares meals including special diets prescribed
for the patient.
4. Assists with positioning, transfers and ambulation, with or without assistive devices.
5. Assists patient with prescribed range of motion and prescribed exercise which patient and
aide have been taught by designated professional personnel.
6. Remind/assist patient with oral medications that can be self-administered.
7. Assists with application of non-prescription topical ointments.
8. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
9. Performs routine catheter care, including catheter irrigation by gravity and removal of
catheter if instructed to do so by professional staff.
10. Performs clean simple dressing change and decubitus care.
11. Assists patient with long standing ostomy (where function is normal and care is routine).
Includes emptying pouch, changing appliance and assisting with preparation of irrigation
12. Documents tasks performed by telephony/or designated record daily.
1. Current Pa. Driver’s license and automobile registration & insurance
2. Current CPR certification
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands: Heavy Work: Occasionally lift and/or carry 100 lbs.; Frequently lift and/or carry 50 lbs.; Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to patients, families, and related persons
2. Ability to speak and understand a second language is helpful.
High school diploma or GED. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Has successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program that meets the standards established by the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as agency performance standards. Certified Nurse Aide/Personal Care Aide/Home Health Aide experience preferred.
Day shift including weekend and holiday rotation with possible varying hours based on the needs of the department. The Holiday schedule requires that two holidays per year are worked, one major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s) along with either Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health and Hospice Aide[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health and Hospice Aide
- Blood Pressure
- Skin Care
- Personal Care
- Hardworking And Dedicated