The Accounting Department is currently looking for a part-time 24 hrs/week seasoned Accounting/Collections Assistant to work in conjunction with Hampton Academy. In this position you will be maintaining complete and orderly control of all documents including invoices, credits, statements and correspondence related to assigned vendors and student. You will be required to resolve problems with billing and invoices which cannot be processed. In this position you will also be required to contact and respond to vendor and school district inquiries regarding our homebound program. This is a high level customer service position, and the ideal candidate will be able to provide a excellent service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving.
• Processing and maintaining accounts payable invoice emails for designated vendor letters.
• Reviews vendor statements and past due invoices, investigates old items and resolves outstanding issues with vendors and responsible persons.
• Demonstrates initiative in reviewing company policies to ensure appropriate steps are taken when complicated posting situations arise and in keeping error ratio low.
• Contacting school districts to expedite payment, maintain records and processing monthly billing for Hampton Academy
• Collaborates with teammates to insure that departmental close for each month is met.
• Verify balances and accounts for accuracy
• Working in a team environment and participating in departmental meetings to review problem transactions and delinquencies.
• High School diploma or GED required, college level accounting classes preferred.
• 2 years related work experience in credit/collections
Complex Problem Solving