Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
HYBRID/Largely Remote opportunity! After the initial onboarding and successful training period, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to work from home several days per week.
At GXO Logistics, we believe positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As the Accountant, you will perform important accounting functions for our domestic and international operations. In this role, you’ll be able to positively affect GXO’s future through advice and counsel while creating long-term success for the company and your career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Analyze and calculate revenue accruals during the month-end close
- Complete ad hoc reporting to support multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix environment, balancing their needs and perspectives to maximize the company’s interest
- Perform and ensure key controls are operating effectively in the relevant processes
- Calculate commissions and ensure the payment complies with Company policy
- Perform reconciliations for key accounts, including deferred revenue, unbilled accounts receivable and unearned revenue
- Prepare documentation for key processes
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to drive process improvement
- Develop KPIs that track progress toward continuous improvement
- Review new customer contracts to determine revenue recognition and lease accounting treatment
- Ensure accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies and procedures
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of accounting or financial reporting experience
- Solid math aptitude
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA certification
- 3 or more years of accounting or financial reporting experience, including public accounting experience
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle), Oracle Projects, Microsoft BI, Blackline and related technologies
- Solid ability to understand and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accountant - (Hybrid/Largely Remote)
- Accounts Receivable
- Business Process Improvement
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles