ARK Systems, Inc. has been providing superior service to our valued customers since 1973. We specialize in the systems integration of fire, security, sound, voice and data systems.
We are seeking an experienced, career-oriented individual with exceptional leadership skills to join our team as the Life Safety Systems Service Manager!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and maintains the ARK mission statement goals and values as a standard of performance and conduct at all times.
- Performs all necessary leadership and supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel hired and assigned (to include but not be limited to required service technicians, testing/ certification personnel, administrative staff, etc)
- Maintains a qualified staff. (Hiring, training, disciplinary, motivation, etc)
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned.
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals
- Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Oversees daily activities of Fire Protection Systems/Contracts Department.
- Responsible to acquire and maintain all required fire protection licenses for the company required in all jurisdictions.
- Primary scheduling and dispatcher for technicians and monitors their work product to insure that assigned requests are completed in a timely manner in accordance with department and company policy, procedures and established priorities.
- Reviews work orders for follow-up service as required on a daily basis. Schedules follow-up service as required and communicates the same with the customer.
- Responsible to insure that all service and ticket work is invoiced in a timely manner; within one (1) day after work is completed.
- Serves as point of contact for customer relations issues.
- Serves as a company point of contact for all company related technical questions and guidance applicable to fire protection systems.
- Processes, reviews and approves material requisitions for all fire protection related work efforts.
- Reviews and resolves service and contract billing complaints and issues related to the assigned fire protection systems.
- Receives and processes requests for service/repair/testing proposals from customers. Provides technical support to customers when required.
- Coordinates with customers to schedule service, testing and follow-up work as appropriate and required.
- Responsible to maintain a designated minimum level of service and testing sales revenue and profit level on a monthly basis.
- Actively strives to increase service and testing sales revenue applicable to fire protection systems.
- Recommends and maintains on-going operational processes and procedures to improve effectiveness, efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have business and financial knowledge and experience.
- Must have customer relations training/experience/skills.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Formal education and field experience in the fire protections field of work required.
- Experience leading, supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Good oral/written communication skills are necessary. Must be able to work in a high volume/fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to obtain a Maryland and Virginia security technician license.
- Must have a positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management staff and employees.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, various other programs
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires a minimum of an AA degree in business, equivalent technical school and/or applicable experience supplemented with 5-10 years of related Fire protection industry experience to include direct customer service experience.
- Advanced computer literacy and system specific training is desired.
- Preferred but not required a minimum of NICET II in Fire Protection, Inspection and testing of Water based Fire systems.
- Preferred but not required a minimum of NICET II in Fire Protection, automatic sprinkler system layout.
- Must also have 2-5 years supervisory experience in an industry related service/business environment managing at least 8+ people.
ARK offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, in addition to tuition reimbursement, credit union, vacation and sick leave plans, and a matching 401(k) Plan. Enjoy the opportunity to work with the state of the art technology! The position would be M-F full time. Must be available between 7am-5pm. Exempt. Pay DOE
Maximize your potential with ARK!
ARK Systems is an EOE M/F/D/V
Customer Relationship Management