To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Float Consumer Banking Representative
First Midwest Bank • Chicago Heights, IL
Posted 13 days ago
First Midwest, with assets over $14 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 130+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Serve as a subject matter expert for Consumer Banking Representatives and interact with the consumer market to achieve new clients and expand relationships with existing clients. The Floating Consumer Banking Representative will ensure the client’s needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services to fulfill the client’s immediate and future financial needs. The Consumer Banking Representative will generate leads, build new and maintain existing client relationships within our client experience expectations. The Consumer Banking Representative is also accountable for servicing and profiling clients at the teller window.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- College degree or commensurate experience in Retail Banking with consumer lending experience required
- Prior Consumer Banking Representative experience required
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and sales skills in the area of consumer lending and deposit products
- Excellent communication skills/organizational skills; strong ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with PC required
- Subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
- Able to work various hours of the day/week, including Saturdays and occasional overtime as business dictates. Must be able to travel to multiple branch locations on a regular basis
- Perform both Personal Banker and Teller functions in the delivery of efficient, accurate and professional service that defines a quality client experience
- Source and onboard new clients and expand relationships with existing clients in person, by telephone or e-mail
- Sell, open and maintain all retail products and services of FMB and cross sell other FMB services to both new and existing clients
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all bank products and services including pricing, bank policies and government regulations
- Create value for FMB clients through effective needs based analysis and selling
- Actively solicit new consumer loan opportunities and complete the consumer loan process
- Provide professional quality service and react appropriately to solve client problems to ensure that resolutions and follow-ups are completed in a timely and accurate manner to the client’s satisfaction
- Engage in outbound calling and needs assessment as assigned by the Branch Manager to generate qualified referrals and sales
- Maintain a system of orderly follow-up by mail, telephone and e-mail with new and existing clients to generate additional business
- Participate in branch activities including community events, call nights and promotional events
- Make referrals to appropriate specialists including Commercial, Community Banking, Wealth Management, Mortgage, On the Job Banking
- Achieve growth goals and client satisfaction objectives
- Meet or exceed all established activity goals (face to face appointments), voice to voice calls etc. to drive sales and referral results
- Adhere to all teller and banker related policies and procedures
- Effectively manage and secure assigned teller cash drawer
- Participate in all required training sessions for both compliance and other bank functions
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protections regulations in defined area of responsibility
- Implement and adhere to bank-directed policy and changes relating to regulatory amendments