To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rogers, AR 72758
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mercy • Rogers, AR
Posted 25 days ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
“Mercy Hospital Rogers has been designated a Top 100 Hospital by IBM/Watson, formerly Truven, for 2019. We are the only hospital in the state of Arkansas receiving this award”
Participates in care of perioperative patient through maintenance of sterile field, obtaining
needed supplies and equipment, upholding patient safety standards, and assisting the
registered nurse during the intraoperative period. Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
1. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.Is responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning and processing of instruments.Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.Maintains safe environment for patient, coworkers and self, per hospital policies and procedures.Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to Circulating Nurse and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
2. Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Surgical Technologists scope of actice. Completes documentation within shift and meets current standards, policies and procedures.Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.Performs services requiring technical or manual skills under the direction of Circulating RN.Assists in collection of departmental and hospital QA data. Promotes quality via adherence to SCIP protocols.
3. Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co workers for the patients benefit.Consults with other staff members, when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure. Regularly collaborates with other members of the nursing team, in order to maintain equipment and supplies for surgical procedures.
4. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Protects patients sensitivities and right to privacy; closely observes patient with minimal disturbance. Interacts professionally with patient and family.Provides patient with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary. Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
5. Practices stewardship and decreases patient anesthesia time by promoting efficiency.Sets up, scrubs and prepares for procedures prior to scheduled time, unless otherwise directed by Circulating Nurse or Clinical Supervisor. Always maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency;follows department standard set up. Anticipates needs of surgeon during intraoperative phase. Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up. Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
6. Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for treatment.
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMUM REQUIRED
Education: Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of Surgical Technology Program
Licensure: Certified surgical technologist license
Certification/Registration: Current BLS Certification.
Other skills & knowledge:
(skills, knowledge, abilities)
Basic computer knowledge.Able to communicate effectively in
English, both verbally and in writing.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room preferred
Other skills & knowledge: Additional languages desirable.