Join our team and watch where it can take you!
Primary Job Duties:
Individuals will tend to machines that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Fill bags or totes to proper weight according to plant and customer specifications
• Ensure that the bags are properly sealed so that no powder is leaking out of seal
• Stack finished product on pallets in a neat and orderly manner to facilitate good handling of the pallets in transport
• Must be able to lift 55 lbs. on a regular basis – task will be done throughout the shift
• Properly label product according to instructions including product code, lot number and any special markings
• Maintain proper documentation of product packaged as well as rework and scrap produced to ensure accuracy of records - this includes records for metal detector checks, weight checks, equipment and utensil checks
• Inspect equipment to ensure it is in top working order, reporting any problems to the maintenance department
• Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and HACCP Programs for safety of self and others as well as overall compliance
• Practice good housekeeping
• Staging ingredients, cleaning your area and assisting fellow employees in cleaning or setting up other areas and other duties, jobs and functions as assigned or required
• Every team member will participate in Sanitation
• Clean and sanitize packaging equipment and work area to eliminate contamination sources
• Performs general maintenance skills with basic hand tools as needed
• Must complete the required forklift certification and will be moving product utilizing a sit-down fork-truck to move pallets from department to staging or dock areas
• Other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to read work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Closed-toed shoes or boots required in this clean environment
Available openings (need to be able to work 2 of the 3 shifts) shift start times will vary:
- 1st shift: 04:50 a.m. – 13:10 p.m. (1:10 p.m.) Monday-Friday
- 2nd shift: 12:50 p.m. - 21:10 (9:10 p.m.) Monday-Friday
- 3rd shift: 20:50 p.m. (8:50 p.m.) - 05:10 a.m. Sunday – Thursday
Hiring immediately - APPLY TODAY!
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Packaging And Labeling
Good Manufacturing Practices