To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fenton, MO 63026
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Class A Drivers
DPI Specialty Foods • Fenton, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Summary: Drivers operate powered tractor trailer combinations over local, inter and intra state roads and highways in a safe and efficient manner in order to deliver/transport products to customers. Drivers may also return freight pick up from vendors to DPI facilities (back haul). Job tasks include performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections on trucks and equipment, securing loads in between deliveries using load bars, straps and bulkheads; unloading products onto docks and transporting to customer storage using hand trucks or pallet jacks. Drivers may be responsible for on-site set up and product display *.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate truck to transport, deliver and receive products to and from customer sites in a safe and efficient manner
• Perform pre-and post-trip inspection on the truck and trailer for safe operation of vehicle
• Communicate with supervisor to receive work orders, products, maintain delivery schedule, verify loads, report delivery issues and check-in during travel stops. May include use of a cellular phone or radio
• Interact and communicate with customers and vendors to verify delivery loads, place or position products, receive re-loads or backhauls and complete transaction documentation
• Unload products from trailer and deliver to customer storage facility using manual and powered pallet jacks
• Read and interpret work orders, safety instructions and manuals
• Apply knowledge of product and temperature sensitive protocols when transporting, re-loading and securing product for transport
• Maintain manual or electronic log books according to Interstate Commerce Commissions regulations
• Secure trailer during stops using chock blocks
• Apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill when maneuvering vehicle in all situations
• Apply knowledge of product and storage shape and sizing for optimum stacking and storing of products and goods
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• May assist in minor repairs to truck or trailer
• May use weather specific tools such as snow shovels to clear pathways and door openings in certain regions during colder weather
• May prepare paperwork and labels for product to be returned, assure product is in re-sellable condition, and may sort, stack and arrange product for return.
• May be called upon to deliver product to customer distribution sites in addition to retail sites (referred to as “cross-dock”)
• May be called upon to return product to stock (RTS)
• Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must be proficient in English and basic math skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Class A or Doubles endorsed A*driver’s license is required, depending on the type of vehicle driven. Possession of current DOT medical certification is required. A minimum of 1 year of Class A experience is required; 2 years is preferred. The employee must qualify and retain insurance eligibility under DPI’s insurance policies, and maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds DPI’s standards. The Driver will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and participate in a random drug and alcohol screening program when required by Federal or state regulations.
Work Environment: The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the two different product climates (Dry, cold,). Must deal with local weather when driving and delivering products. There is moderate noise level in warehouse environments with occasional to frequent honking of power jacks for safety. The Driver is exposed to diesel, gas, and exhaust fumes.
Work Hours: The work schedule is either 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, or 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends. Layovers may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands: Medium to heavy, exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. The driver may exert pulling force of up to 75 lbs to deliver products. This may not be done on a daily basis.The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols and driving regulations, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements; apply knowledge of product and storage shape and size for product storage and loading; Know and apply temperature sensitive protocols (cold chain) when staging or transporting goods. Know and follow protocols for proper paperwork and documentation, including delivery documentation and inspection. Know and follow proper safety rules and regulations when operating vehicles on roads, highways and private property. Exercise knowledge and skill in all situations when operating or maneuvering vehicle.