EY focuses on high-ethical standards and integrity among its employees and expects all candidates to demonstrate these qualities. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Associate Director, GPS Project Control Finance Lead
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
This GPS Finance Associate Director role will manage all aspects of EY GPS project control.
- Work with GPS Finance & Accounting leader to structure Project Finance organization in support of EY’s growing GPS practice, with properly supportive alignment to market-oriented leaders (sub-sector leads, GCSPs, etc.)
- Assess level of staff needs and ensure workloads are balanced, enabling all team members to experience well-being while also meeting the needs of the business in an effective way.
- Lead development of and career planning for EY GPS project control team members, including visioning learning, development and training needs
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, training, and day to day management of Project Finance staff – most immediately to direct reports but establishing connections with all levels
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure client engagements comply with US government regulatory (FAR, DFARS, CAS) requirements and EY policies and procedures
- Lead development of tools, processes, and procedures to monitor engagements and maximize financial results
- Support the preparation of annual budgets at an engagement level as well as monthly, annual and multi-year business forecasts
- Support external project audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (e.g., DCAA, DCMA)
- Work with GPS Reporting lead to identify reporting requirements in support of Project Finance and engagement financials
- Play a key role in socializing the impact of indirect rate application, and changes to rates, in project financial measurement
- Partner with the commercial Markets Finance team to ensure seamless support to GPS for borrowed and loaned practitioners
- Support future migration of SLED project financials from SAP to Costpoint
- Support other ad hoc financial reporting and projects as assigned
Skills and attributes for success
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills and experience building and maintaining complex financial models in Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors
To qualify, candidates must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of FAR/CAS and other government contract accounting requirements
- Strong understanding of CAS and FAR Part 31
- Advanced knowledge of project accounting, including understanding of different contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP) and indirect rate structures
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant government contractor finance experience in a CAS compliant environment
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a project control role
- A minimum of 4 years supervisory experience
- Experience supporting successful government audit(s) of accounting and finance policies and procedures
- Solid knowledge of Deltek Costpoint. Experience with or exposure to other tools is beneficial.
- Ability to obtain and a security clearance.
Ideally, you will also have
What we offer
- Experience supporting implementations of government compliant accounting systems (e.g., Deltek Costpoint)
- Experience creating and implementing project control policies and procedures
- Experience building and maintaining complex dashboards to facilitate reporting
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $125,900 to $235,500. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $151,100 to $267,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.EY | Building a better working world
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at
- Accounting Systems
- Career Management