You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead the North America safety strategic programs. Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring, and maintaining the North America programs. Provides a consultative education, and direction to the North America safety personnel at each facility and direct reports involved in administering safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Develop strategies, programs, and resources to deliver quality and cost effective training to employees throughout the organization.
- Develop and manage a structured professional development program for facility safety personnel incorporating nationally recognized certifications in safety and loss prevention; ensure that facility safety personnel are sufficiently trained to effectively manage programs.
- Manages and directs the strategy for the organizations risks related to Safety & Security threats that may interrupt the business or impact operations
- Responsible for processes and/or systems needed to track and mitigate Safety and Security risks (e.g., risk identification, risk assessment, risk control, risk portfolio, and risk communication), ensuring exposure analysis and mitigation measures appropriately take into consideration the counties complexity, scale, population, regulatory burden/environment, criticality and location.
- Serve as the in-house expert on technical security, executive security, business continuity and crisis management protocols (FDA, DHS, etc.).
- Promote safety awareness throughout all facilities using established programs in behavioral safety, hazard recognition, and accountability.
- Bring experience with innovative Safety compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing and sustaining EH&S
- Monitors and raises awareness of the impact of emerging operational and reputational issue
- Represent company during federal, state and local health and safety inspections for OSI facilities or provide direction and guidance to facility safety personnel during facility inspections by federal, state or local agencies
- Travel up to 25% of time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7 or more years of leadership experience working in progressively more responsible safety and environmental roles in a manufacturing environment so as to be familiar with manufacturing equipment, environment and procedures.
- 3 or more years managing safety and environmental programs in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of governmental safety compliance regulations and their influence on manufacturing operations and policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage the work of others in a matrix organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both individually and in group settings, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve problems regarding policies, procedures and safety programs. Must have interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision-makers.
- Ability to travel several times each year to other facilities and flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Some of our operations work 24/7.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental science, or related disciplines or equivalent subject matter knowledge skills and abilities acquired through work.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
- Behavior Based Safety
- Crisis Management
- Employee Engagement
- Interpersonal Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2026682
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.