To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Information Technology
DentaQuest • Boston, MA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for oversight of IT services and infrastructure enduring appropriate services are available for use by clinical, business staff, patients and visitors. Provide input for the technical vision to corporate strategic plans. Hands-on experience executing IT solutions within a small team in a healthcare setting is essential. This position will serve as the project manager for the implementation and upgrades of clinical and business systems. Understanding of existing technology is essential to be able to offer clinical and business leaders solutions to their IT strategic challenges.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage and provide leadership for the Care Delivery IT team, overseeing day to day delivery and engaging in routine and escalated service issues
- Stays abreast of trends and advances in IT solutions. Presents business cases to Senior Management to win acceptance and secure agreement to proceed.
- Co-develop with the SVP of Technology and support of the Care Delivery IT plan in alignment with the corporate strategic plan
- Takes ownership for key initiatives. Coordinates strategies with other members of the IT team and other knowledgeable resources and develops plans and budgets for implementing the strategies.
- Monitors systems solutions and adjusts to accommodate business and technology demands
- Oversee Dentrix and/or Eaglesoft maintenance and system upgrades
- Manages all Care Delivery IT projects and system upgrades
- Accountable for alignment of the strategy as it impacts corporate, regional and local IT decisions
- Participate in the development and implementation of the unit and corporate goals, operating policies and procedures.
- Takes initiative to address delivery issues and opportunities. Coordinates with Enterprise Architecture and Applications services to diagnose and fix root cause issues affecting system performance.
- Establish and maintain a strong collaborative working relationship with leadership across enterprise to build partnering relationship and to ensure all processes and work interdependencies are identified, and determine the appropriate technology to support our business needs.
- Maintains a strong level of communications with constituents regarding status of projects, issues or initiatives.
- Reduces cost and enhances efficiency by recommending appropriate changes to effect improvements with respect to the present systems and methods and the formulation of new and revised systems.
- Identifies best use and distribution of company systems and software by recommending location, type and size of equipment for installations, including applicable software within the limits of organization policy.
- Develops vendor relationships to facilitate compliance with performance expectations and engage in contract management negotiations to facilitate the best performance / pricing / product mix.
- Develops highly effective organization by determining the appropriate staffing consistent with the work load. Directs the selection and training of staff to meet strategic objectives and guidelines. Promote and execute development plans which strengthen and broaden staff skill sets critical to their current and future job performance. Recognize and promote diversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relocation is not available, local candidates only
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting and operate a personal computer.
- Ability to travel as required to support position needs.
- Ability to work extended hours, as dictated by various project schedules. May include late nights, weekends and Holidays.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business, MIS Information Technology or associated field experience required.
- 5+ years management experience with extensive management background in the development, implementation and support of Healthcare information systems
- 5+ years of direct management of P&L and the proven ability be able to deliver within budget
- 10+ years’ experience in the successful development and/or operations of high volume healthcare systems in complex environments.
- 3+ Software Dental package experience with Dentrix and/or Eaglesoft
- Experience in vendor management, including contract negotiations and contract management.
- 3-5 years of experience with Citrix (VDI), Cisco UCC,
- Skilled technical professional versed in current technology and its applications.
- Excellent analytical, communications, interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Proven ability to manage a remote workforce