Sea Export Coordinator | Baltimore, MD | req47477
• Operational duties to include coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of shipments.
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
• Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
• Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
• Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to a supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
• Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.
• Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• College a plus or equivalent experience
• Usually requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in freight forwarding.
• Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years current work experience in ocean freight forwarding.
• Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, seaport.
• Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and PC skills.
• Employee requires completion of IMO Security training classes.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Provide Actionable Feedback
Monitor Customer Service
Enhance Customer Experience