The Head Teller will drive a best in class branch experience for customers and teammates by leading, coaching and managing in 5 primary areas of responsibility: customer engagement, service execution, operational excellence, leadership and management. With a deep understanding of Renasant Bank policies and procedures, and customer service standards, you spend time role modeling, leading and inspiring your team to deliver exceptional service to all customers, while maintaining sound operations. Head Tellers will lead by example in recognizing and referring sales opportunities to other bank representatives and/or lines of business when appropriate, while acting in compliance with bank policies and procedures. Head Tellers oversee and share in all Teller and Senior Teller responsibilities. Head Tellers will often serve in a leadership capacity for the teller experience and for the branch when the Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager is not available.RENASANT BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERResponsibilities
An effective Head Teller is capable of driving a best in class branch experience in 5 primary areas of responsibility: Customer engagement, service execution, operational excellence, leadership and management.
- Execute and coach the teller customer engagement process with each Teller to ensure there are no breaks in service or sales opportunities to help a customer
- Maintain and role model service knowledge standards in conjunction with related regulations, policies and procedures
- Process customer transactions effectively and efficiently, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payoffs and draws, official checks, etc
- Execute daily operations including balancing, supplies ordering, balancing the ATM and vault, and perform branch capture procedures.
- Recognize/identify all customer needs, cues and clues in every transaction and properly refer customers to the platform for an additional needs based conversation
- Protect the bank from unnecessary risk by following compliance, risk and operational procedures
- Assist with all monthly and quarterly branch assessments
- Mentor and onboard all new Tellers - create a great experience for all new Tellers when they join the team. Ensure all training is completed
- Participate in interviewing, selecting and training teammates
- Supervise all Tellers and provide override approval on transactions, oversee daily personnel and team balancing of teller drawers
- Help lead, with the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager, sales, service and operational meetings, including security meetings
- Contribute to employee performance assessments, including disciplinary action planning and coaching for improved performance
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. College education preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of cash handling experience, one of which must be successful teller experience
- Minimum of 1 year leadership experience
- Minimum of 1 year customer experience in a sales environment preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, sales management and coaching
- Ability to produce individual and team sales and customer experience results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Attention to detail with strong record of accuracy in handling of transactions
- Comfortable using a variety of technology software products to process transactions
- Proven time management and organizational skills, ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and adapt effectively as business needs and pace changes
- Ability to travel for training, other development opportunities, and between branches, as needed
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.Work Environment
The Bank's professional working environment requires employees to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Employees must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely with internal business partners and external clients. Employees may be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the working environment, therefore, must uphold confidentiality at all times. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high risk situations (i.e. robbery), detailed instructions and procedures are required to be followed at all times to safeguard the Bank's employees, customers, and assets.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word "May".
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring