WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Construction Manager, Railway, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Construction Manager, Railway. CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, Michael Baker is on the forefront of innovative ideas to maintain and deliver successful construction projects. DESCRIPTION
Michael Baker is looking for a qualified Construction Manager to supervise the planning, coordination and implementation of railway, tunnel, and/or bridge construction projects in the Baltimore/DC area. Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of construction management experience. Project responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for delivery of project quality and safety:
- Develop, maintain, distribute, and update project-specific Project Management Plan, including Health and Safety Plans and Quality Management Plans.
- Conduct safety meetings and training programs to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Coordinate audits of quality management processes and procedures
- Sustain continuous improvement for all processes.
- Provide inspection, field engineering, technical advisement for issues related to tunnel, track, and bridge construction activities, as-needed.
- Review project proposal and scope of work to determine schedule, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, assisting in contract negotiations, as required.
- Establish work plan for large and complex projects, arrange for staffing for each phase of project, including subcontractor engagement.
- Coordinate project with activities of government regulatory or other government agencies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure progress remains on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans, as required.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Generate and/or approve purchase orders, invoices, credits; review time sheets.
- Attend job, principals, CM/Design coordination meetings, and most technical meetings.
- Oversee coordination of staging, and shutdown/start-up operations to ensure uninterrupted rail, yard or facility operations.
- Possess proven Client Management Skills including:
- Develop and maintain client relations to ensure satisfaction.
- Interface with Key stakeholders and community public outreach programs, as needed .
- Gather/disseminate information and intelligence regarding potential upcoming pursuits.
- Participate in business development activities as required for existing and potential new clients, to include general marketing, client meetings, and proposal development.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
4-year college degree in civil engineering, construction management or a related field.
10 years of experience in construction oversight.
Demonstrated proficiency in project safety, scheduling (CPM scheduling, Primavera, Microsoft Project), staffing, cost estimating, risk management, quality management, and project/document controls.
Ability to manage various levels and numbers of staff.
Aptitude for communicating with owner/client staff, contractors, and subconsultants. (Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential).
Commitment to and confirmed track record of safely delivering projects on time, under budget, and of the utmost quality.
Dedication to project goals, client satisfaction, corporate aspirations, business development, growth objectives, staff development, and operational excellence.
Coordinate project with activities of government regulatory or other government agencies.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) license a plus.
Certified Construction Manager (CCM) a plus.
Familiarity with working in active rail facilities is preferred.
Proven experience working for freight rail clients.
Experience in the Baltimore/DC area.
#LI-AE1 MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.