This position's key responsibilities include a broad-based list of duties, including account Reconciliations; fixed asset system administration and supporting the month and year-end closing processes. JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Maintain company cash records, including Bank account reconciliations.
- Maintain company fixed asset records; supply annual asset and depreciation reporting.
- Maintain company records for state personal property tax filings; Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Maintain GL Account reconciliations for assigned Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries on assigned accounting areas
- Preparation of month-end financial reports, to locations/units as assigned.
- Back-up support for Inventory management and other core accounting functions.
- Back-up duties with Sales Tax reporting and Exemption Certificate management
- Support to Accounts Payable team in weekly disbursement review and processing
- Miscellaneous accounting projects and tasks as needed, including support of annual audit
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- 4 year Accounting Degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Task Oriented; Attention to Detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Experience in accounting, preferably in a large ($200M) Manufacturing environment
- Mid-Level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of various state personal property laws, reporting, etc...
- Experience with Sales Tax Laws, and business reporting requirements in a multi-state environment
- Working knowledge of data gathering, sorting, filtering, etc... from ERP systems
- Data Mining Capabilities using various data extraction tools (Access, SQL, etc...)
- Experience with integrated ERP Systems for input and management of business transactions.
- Exposure or experience with Financial Planning/BI packages (Vena Solutions, Adaptive Insights, Etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.