$150000.00 to $175000.00 yearly
Candidates who are driven by high expectations will be interested in this position. Do you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued? If you want to work for a successful Financial Services company, Robert Half has an opportunity for a Controller to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller will be a permanent employment opportunity and will be located in the Atlanta, Georgia region. Planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff will be essential for this role. Effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services will be essential for this role, and a creative type who can lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. Do you want exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth? This is a good position for you.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Ensure deliverables of self and team meet client expectations
- Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Month end closings experience desired
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment, to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- CPA/MBA preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to VP/Controller Opportunity (Luv) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to VP/Controller Opportunity (Luv) for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Management