WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,400 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of private commercial and residential development clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
FEDERAL FACILITY PRACTICE
Through an integrated approach to all stages of land development, Michael Baker guides clients through the entire life cycle of a project, from due diligence, initial site planning, and entitlement approvals to final engineering, construction management and surveying. Engineering integrated with in-house planning and surveying excellence and combined with a commitment to achieving clients’ strategic goals, results in quality service and project delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner. Michael Baker’s skilled land development team engages with high-priority clients on a wide range of project types, including governmental facilities, U.S. Military sites, hangers, and runways, commercial developments, industrial and office parks, and public infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be joining our robust Civil Site and Utility team in Salt Lake City, UT or Denver, CO and report to a Project Manager. This group consisting of youthful and seasoned professionals has a legacy of focus on thoughtful, innovative, and efficient solutions to design challenges that are applied on award-wining Federal, Commercial, Industrial and Residential site development projects throughout the western U.S.
- Coordinate with Project Manager on delivering development design packages
- Perform civil engineering design including site design, site grading, earthwork balance, drainage, utilities, sanitary collection and water distribution systems, storm water management, erosion and sediment control designs/plans.
- Manage project tasks and budgets; mentor staff
- Work towards advancing into a project management or technical manager role
- Collaborate with multiple civil disciplines working as a team to solve design challenges.
- You’ll feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are an important part of the organization and are contributing to the success of your clients, your team and yourself!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- P.E. license is required
- You’ll need to be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with site and utility design projects including earthwork grading, civil site design, area hydrology and storm drain hydraulics, water quality and construction details
- Communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Pride in attention to quality and detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
The salary range for this position is $82,000-$123,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
- Auto Cad
- Construction Management
- Drainage Systems