Wheelchair Van Driver
Job Title: Driver - Wheelchair
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport/Drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely
- Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and patient home
- Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each
- Ensure wheelchair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit
- Know and use Standard Codes in radio
- Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each
- Report mechanical problems to Fleet
- Adhere to all company policies and
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's It is the responsibility of every computer user to:Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read maps, drive vehicles and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Operate wheelchair, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, and radio.
- Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment, and use time clock.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements- (Field Employees Only)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Successful completion of EVOC Driver's Training program.
- Must obtain and maintain applicable license for the area of operation
- Prefer experience from health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner's office.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-6831
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
All About AMR, the nation’s leading medical transportation companyNot Ready To Apply?
AMR serves more communities and customers than any other private ambulance service provider in the nation. But more importantly, AMR’s employees serve their local communities on a personal basis, as part of the community where they live and work. As medical professionals and as neighbors, your needs are our concerns.
With more than 17,000 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors, and support staff, AMR brings the strength of a national company to personalized care.
AMR’s national headquarters, located near Denver, Colorado, supports more than 250 community-based AMR operations nationwide. From Miami to Seattle, Hartford to San Diego, and hundreds of communities in between, AMR is ready to care for people and communities in need.
Our focus is clear, as stated our company’s values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, Caregiver Inspired. These three phrases are at the heart of every call, in every community, every day.
From emergency 9-1-1 calls to non-emergency transports to specialized medical teams that serve remote wilderness areas, and more, AMR has the strength to provide patients and customers the right service at the right time. Our national reach and experience allow us to deliver the right service to communities as well, whether AMR manages the entire emergency medical system or engages in a private-public partnership to best serve an area’s need.
Understanding your needs. Connecting with best solutions.
That’s our business.
That’s our personal promise.
View the full profile