Type: Contract, rolling Location: Belle Island, LA
We are currently looking for a talented Systems Admin to join our client’s team in Belle Island, LA!
This is a Contract position. Interview process will include a phone and a F2F interview. Note:
Not open to 3rd party/C2C consultants. This position is only available to those who can work on W2 basis without a sponsored work visa. Visa Sponsorship is not available. Details:
We are seeking an innovative Network Systems Admin with core networking, systems (virtual and non-virtual), and cybersecurity expertise and experience. What part will you play?
The Network Systems Admin will be responsible for assisting in the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of networks, systems, and security infrastructure. The engineer will work with management to direct systems and network administrators while achieving IT operational objectives by maintaining current systems and implementing new technologies relating to networking, storage, and security. What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Network Systems Admin include the following:
What do we require from you?
- Implement and maintain networks, servers, security and software in a hybrid virtual/non-virtual environment.
- Procure and install new hardware for network and systems infrastructure.
- Work with IT management to plan, design, and implement network systems upgrades.
- Direct systems and network administrators in the upgrade and maintenance of networks, systems, and security infrastructure.
- Successfully implement new systems using project management methodology.
- Install and configure software updates for network and infrastructure technologies.
- Responsible for maintaining LAN, WAN, wireless, and security.
- Act as escalation point for technical problems associated with networking (route/switch/voice), systems (virtual and non-virtual), and security.
- Act as a senior member of project teams and assist in the maintenance and support of the following technologies:
- Cisco and other networking hardware.
- VMWare and other SAN technologies.
- Palo Alto and other security hardware and software.
- Handles tasks assigned by IT management related to procurement, documentation, and reporting.
- Ability to work after hours to avoid or minimize business interruptions during maintenance and upgrades.
- Be part of providing ongoing support in a 24/7 365 manufacturing environment.
- Handle other ad-hoc duties as assigned by IT management.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) and minimum of 5+ years' experience maintaining, designing and implementing Enterprise level networks and systems.
- Strong familiarity with in networked systems (LAN/WAN/Data Center), systems (VMWare) and Security, strong preference given to candidates with experience in manufacturing environments.
- CCNA / CCNP Routing and Switching level of experience required (license preferred).
- Demonstrated successful track record for engineering project life cycle management from architecture and design to cutover through the first week of system usage.
- 5 years+ experience of Enterprise Routing and Switching, Systems Infrastructure, and Network Security design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting experience desired.
- Must be able to move equipment and peripherals.
- Client facing, on-site opportunity with no remote opportunities based in New Orleans, LA.
Complex Problem Solving
Wide Area Networks